An electric scooter caught hearth in Hosur, an industrial hub in Tamil Nadu’s Krishnagiri district, on Saturday triggering panic in the spot.
The owner, a supervisor at a private organization in Bengaluru, having said that experienced a providential escape.
Hosur resident Satish Kumar noticed his scooter instantly catching hearth from less than the seat and jumped to safety. As the vehicle went up in flames, passersby rushed to his assist in dousing the blaze. But the car got gutted, police claimed.
Satish experienced purchased the electric powered two-wheeler final calendar year.
Electric powered scooters quickly catching fireplace has grow to be a induce for worry of late.
In a string of these types of incidents not long ago, a father and his daughter died due to suffocation in Vellore district in March because of to the smoke triggered by the explosion of the electric bike while becoming billed. An electric two-wheeler caught fireplace in Manapparai in Tiruchirappalli district, later.
Previously this thirty day period, a man died when the removable battery of the electric scooter kept for charging exploded in his residence in Telangana.
In TN’s Ambur this thirty day period, a disappointed person poured petrol on his e-scooter and set it afire as the manufacturers did not deliver assist on time when he complained that the auto stopped performing after 50 km. The online video of the man torching his personal bike went viral on social media.
Very last 7 days, electric scooter maker PURE EV, expressing deep regret more than the alleged explosion of a battery of an electric powered scooter main to the demise of an 80-year-previous person in Telangana’s Nizamabad, introduced that it has determined to remember 2,000 motor vehicles in Nizamabad and Chennai.
Concerned around the increase in incidents of electrical two-wheelers catching hearth, Union Highway Transportation and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari experienced reported the corporations found negligent will be penalised and a recall of all defective cars will be purchased immediately after getting the report of an skilled panel that has been formed to inquire into the subject.