The bikes have been plugged in for charging and prima facie a quick circuit may have transpired.

Pune:

At minimum 7 electrical bikes saved at a showroom in Maharashtra’s Pune metropolis ended up burnt immediately after a hearth broke out at the outlet all through charging, fireplace brigade officers explained.

No 1 was wounded in the incident which took position on Monday night at the e-bicycle store situated around the Gangadham place in Pune.

The bikes had been plugged in for charging and first investigation implies a quick circuit could have happened owing to overcharging which led to the fireplace. But, the precise lead to of the fire will be known immediately after a in-depth investigation, a hearth brigade official reported.

Seven bikes were being burnt, he mentioned.

“We obtained a connect with at close to 8 pm,” he included.

An official from the Current market Property police station claimed the precise bring about of the fireplace will be ascertained after they the obtain a report from the hearth brigade department.

In March this 12 months, an Ola electric scooter had caught fire in Pune.

The Ola Electrical organization later on recalled 1,441 electric scooters for inspection.

In view of the raising incidents of electric two-wheelers catching fire, Union minister Nitin Gadkari in April this 12 months reported the authorities will difficulty essential orders on defaulting corporations immediately after getting the report of an skilled panel formed to enquire into the make any difference.
 

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV team and is published from a syndicated feed.)